The Information Technology Department’s aim is to ensure that faculties, students, and staff have the information technology tools and infrastructure necessary to carry out the University's mission. The IT department provides the infrastructure that enables members of the SEEU family to make maximum use of the appropriate information technology tools in their learning, teaching, research, outreach, administration, and support activities, and the cost-effective information technology resources required to support continuous improvement in the University's ability to fulfill its diverse mission. IT is working to achieve these broad goals:
- Help faculties improve the way education is delivered.
- Provide students with resources to enrich their educational experience.
- Create and sustain an environment that enables leading-edge research.
- Help to improve productivity.
- Establish the information technology infrastructure necessary to maintain SEEU's preeminence in integrating high-quality programs in teaching, research, and service.
- Use technology to reduce the impact of other less environmentally friendly activities.